Existing Member?

Botswana Pioneering Trip 2012

Chief's Camp, Botswana

BOTSWANA | Monday, 27 February 2012 | Views [564]

Well we are on a budget! But decided we cant come all the way out here and not experience the Okavango Delta, we flew out on a tiny plane over the Delta to Chief's Camp first thing this morning. And have now arrived at Chief's Camp. As I type Anna is lying in the sun with a G&T and there is a hippo about 30m in front of us and an impala a few metres to the right. INCREDIBLE!!!!!

It is such a small world, this morning before we got on the plane we were in the offices of the camp operators, and I got to chatting to an Irish lady that works there, she said she was married to a South African, I asked from where, Constantia in Cape Town, same as me, I asked how old he was 37, same as me, so asked his name on the off chance I know him. Turns out it is Charl Badenhorst, my old classmate who I have not seen for 21 years, so went to his office to say hello, he is the Operations Manager for the group that owns a number of camps here in Botswana. Crazy!


Have just been on a mokoro on the river, and had breakfast at 10, brunch at 11:30, and have high tea to look forward to at 3pm before we go off on safari, till 8 when we come back for dinner. I think the mission here is food, activity, food, activity, food, activity. But we are being good and have both lost weight. Might start a new diet regime when back in UK, malaria tablets, and dodgy water, 10kg a week weight loss guaranteed. 8)

About annaryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.