Existing Member?

The Edge of Glory My travels to Myanmar (Burma); Angkor Wat; and Krabi

This could be any little town...

THAILAND | Tuesday, 26 June 2012 | Views [551] | Comments [1]

Well here I am in Railay Beach, Krabi Thailand. It is pretty spectacular. But first let me tell you abut my arrival here because it has been such an adventure since last night. Well I had to take a cab to Ao Nang from the airport (flight was delayed because of storm), from there I had to take a long boat at 900pmish to Railay in the dark. It was beautiful to see the crescent moon and stars and silhouette of all the islands. I had to walk half a mile to get to the boat in the water and in the dark). Needless to say-I lost my $2 sandals from Old Navy. Getting onto the boat and getting off was pretty fun also. NEVER ever attempt to climb onto any boat with 2 massive backpacks attached to you (I was lazy to take it off). So after a 20min boat ride, I arrived on the shore, then it was a mile walk in the dark (bare feet) to the hotel. Was it worth it?? YES!!!! I laughed so hard I nearly cried. Spilled a good portion of my beer on the boat as well. Oopsy Daisy.... Railay Beach is just not any beach. The water is warm and turquoise. The fascinating thing about this island/beach is all of a sudden there is a hide tide and then a few hours the tides are completely gone. It creates a lagoon!!! The cliffs are high and contained many concealed caves. It is easy to get from one side to the other. One long road!!! To me, it is land of the Thai hippies. Dreadlocks, Muay Thai, Fire Cabaret show (dancing and acrobatic)-IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! Well so far-I've managed to get a sunburn while using SPF50 and was only in the sun for 3hrs. Tomorrow, I am going trekking and maybe I will do some rock climbing when I get back in the afternoon. Did I mention, I think I am completely in lust with one of the Fire Cabaret dudes and he also does Muay Thai (yep-took a walk and saw him training so had to stop for a chat) Super cute!!! Going to go back and get front row seating at the cabaret and muay thai. Cheers!!!

Comments

1

AFTER READING ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES, I CANNOT WAIT FOR PERU!!!

  jay Jun 27, 2012 12:19 PM

About annakkham


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.