Existing Member?

3 Peaks 3 Weeks South America Adventures in Travel and Mountain Climbing with the Peaks Foundation

Countdown to Departure!

USA | Thursday, 25 September 2014 | Views [428]

Hiking selfie

Hiking selfie

I decided I should start a travel journal. Welcome! I don't know how often I'll be able to update it, as I don't know how much internet access will be available in our various locations. I will try to make at least a few posts along the way.

As I am writing this, I have 10 days until I leave for the trip. As you can imagine, I have only one thing on my mind, and that is getting the heck out of Chicago and hitting the trail! I have been spending my time wrapping up loose ends at work, buying some last-minute items for the trip (ordered some polarized sunglasses today from Amazon), and trying to contain my ever increasing excitement about leaving so that I don't actually physically explode. 

Last weekend Kelly and I went for a hike near Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. Getting out and hiking again was FANTASTIC and I am reminded of how much I enjoy being able to spend time outside semi-alone in nature. The attached pic is my hike-selfie. As you can see, Max is rooting around in the background (which is appropriate, he ate a lot of weird shit that day...). Of course hiking in Illinois is probably not incredibly comparable to hiking to Machu Picchu, but it's all I have right now!! But - pros of the Illinois hike: Max and Kelly were both there. 

 

Tags: countdown

 

About annaedgren


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.