Existing Member?

LucyEthel Takes a Trip “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” Miriam Beard

Day 13

USA | Wednesday, 24 March 2010 | Views [533]

I don't really know what day of the trip this is.  Actually, on Sunday, 3/21, we flew from Johannesburg to Victoria Falls, Zimbawe.  The airport in Zimbawe is a long runway and an old concrete building.  It's a little unsettling.  But anyway, the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is great and my room has netted beds to keep the mosquitoes away and shuttered balcony doors to keep the baboons out.  Cool.  

67
About an hour after checking into the hotel, we loaded up and went for a sunset cruise on the great Zambezi River.  It was a beautiful evening and I have some nice pictures of the sunset.  We didn't see any animals but one riverbuck, which looks like a deer with interesting stripes and antlers.  There are many birds flitting around and making interesting sounds.  Some are a little scary looking.


Tomorrow we go to see Victoria Falls, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, and a couple of other exciting options.  I'll try to get caught up asap.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.