Existing Member?

LucyEthel Takes a Trip “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” Miriam Beard

South Africa Countdown, D-19

USA | Thursday, 11 February 2010 | Views [369] | Comments [1]

This week I began preparing for my trip to South Africa.  I am not really excited about this phase, as it requires shots and pills.  However, I would rather be a little inconvenienced now that have the whole sick thing fall down on me when I return.

One of the biggest concerns is finding Jack the Dog a place to stay while I wander around the world.  My friend, Val, has volunteered to 'watch' him for the duration of the trip.  I have given her the 'out' of taking him to the kennel in the event he proves to have gotten just too lazy andrefuses to behave.  She's a good friend to take this on and I thank her and Gene for their help.

So far, I have had a tetnus/diptheria/pertussis shot along with a hep a/b combined.  I have to get another hep a/b shot, a thyphoid shot, and some malaria pills.  I sure hope those Springboks are worth all this!  But probably more painful that any shot is the shopping for the appropriate clothes.  I want to find my stuff at WalMart but I'm afraid it's gonna be Cabela's for the 'real' safari getups.  And of course, I can't forget about the shoes.  I'm not sure what will be the winners yet but they mustn't be too touristy looking!  I'm sure the animals recognize the white tenny's as fresh meat.

I'm now 19 days away from lift off.  I hope I can get it all ready in time.

Tags: safari, south africa

Comments

1

Can you even begin to imagine me trying to pack???

Shoes...how many bags can I take??

Luv ya....Pam

  Pam Feb 16, 2010 3:24 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.