Existing Member?

Rigel and Erin A 10 month journey south along the Pacific coast, or so the thought is.

Monterey

USA | Wednesday, 23 October 2013 | Views [337]

Thursday, October 17:

A big ride today.  We discovered "moss landing" which is in amongst the farmers fields we were riding through.  Wow!  What prices on produce.  Incredible.  3 red peppers for a dollar.  10 mini artichokes for a dollar.  It was crazy.  I'd love to live driving distance to the place.  We got on the freeway again and this time got a yelling at/talking to by a state trooper.  Oops.  Back on the up and down bike paths.  Actually, they're really good around Monterey. 

What a town!  The town is based aroud a bay and the bay is INFESTED with seals.  They sink ships by jumping up on them in such quantities.  The place is filled with the din of seal barks.  We saw the Monarch butterfly tree in town.  More like a small orchard of cleverly arranged comfortable trees for the butterflies so that they tend to congregate and rest there.  Still, quite nice.

Then up a brutal hill in town and to another couch host. Yay!   James and Rachel were awesome.  Rachel is a beautiful blonde on her way to being a doctor assistant (or something, a new-ish position that is basically like a doctor but with less diagnosis and treatment dutiesknowledge).  James is in love with doing everything he can as fast as he can do it.  And getting his MBA in environmental business.  Cool!  sounds like something I would do.  He couldn't shoot down my wave-power generator idea with his most immediate criticisms but then I didn't provide many details.  I'll have to draw up a non disclosure agreement so we can talk more.  ;)

Next stop, Big Sur!

 

About animalrv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.