Existing Member?

Rigel and Erin A 10 month journey south along the Pacific coast, or so the thought is.

Samuel P Taylor State Park

USA | Wednesday, 16 October 2013 | Views [285]

Sunday October 13th, 

With Rigel's chain being a bit weak we rode to the closest bike shop which happened to be in Point Reyes about 30 miles away.  I rode a good portion of the way by myself as I missed the picnic tables on the side of the road that everyone stopped to make food at.  I arrived in Point Reyes quite tired as I was trying to catch up with everyone and so didn't eat lunch until town.  I circled the town twice looking for everyone and the bike shop but couldn't find anyone.  I thought they had left me behind, but I was hungry so I parked my bike in front of a mexican restaurant.  Then Rigel rides up and everything was explained.  

Once we got to the bike shop we found out Rigel's chain was long past due for a changing.  Bryan and I also changed our chains as they turned out to also be stretched.  After puttering around the cute town we headed up the hilly road to the campground where we spent the night cooking and sleeping under giant redwoods.  Next stop San Francisco! 

 

About animalrv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.