Existing Member?

Rigel and Erin A 10 month journey south along the Pacific coast, or so the thought is.

Harris Beach State Park

USA | Thursday, 10 October 2013 | Views [341]

Monday September 30th

The weather turned in our favour!  After a couple days without us, Maggie and Bryan apparently decided to ride with us (more so, Bryan decided to ride with Erin instead of Maggie, and Maggie continued not waiting for anybody but I'm fast enough to keep up with her).  This would be the only day so far that Erin has had the chance to ride with anyone other than me since the first day or two of the trip.  

Harris beach is a considerable distance south (60 miles) and marks the first of a few book days (same distance as the authors of riding the pacific coast) that we did with Bryan and Maggie continuously.  We've done book days before, but always just the two of us (once it was two book days in one! ).  Erin's knee trouble continued despite the now warmth, so we moved her seat forward a bit in the hopes that it would change the angle of torque (though it lessens power) thru her knees.  It helped but further considerations to take advantage of the aero bars (tons of power by laying down almost across the handlebars with forwards facing grips) meant angling the seat forward and kind of messed up the knee improvement.  Still, the concern for Erin's speed and comfort in terms of gear and position is now forefront and being remedied methodically.

The ride was nice, if a bit hilly, and the campground beautiful.  The REDWOODS ARE COMING!  Soon.  For now, we ate dinner at a little mexican style restaurant  (Rigel loves Chile relenno, but dislikes a tamale). And the camp ground has a laundromat!  What a treat to get things clean again.  Because being dirty in dirty clothes gets itchy and sticky and stinky.

On the way out of the campground, we found apples in a tree and harvested them.  Bryan and Maggie resumed riding without us.  

 

About animalrv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.