Existing Member?

Rigel and Erin A 10 month journey south along the Pacific coast, or so the thought is.

Washburne to Jessie M Honeyman State Park

USA | Friday, 4 October 2013 | Views [343]

Wednesday October 25, 

Finally a break in the rain!! The ride started out uphill, of course, then went through a tunnel and then more uphill on the edge of a steep cliff but topped off at a sea lion cave, where I was able to sample fudge and popcorn.  They couldn't garantee sea lions to be in the caves at this time of year so we opted out of a $10 ride in an elevator and looked around the gift shop instead.  I didn't make any tea for the morning so I bought some espresso.  The lady making it forgot what she was making and ended up giving me about 6 shots of espresso instead of the normal 2 so I was quite hyper for the rest of the day.  Still only had to pay for 2 shots though! yay! 

The ride down the mountain into the sand dunes was absolutely spectacular. Ocean on one side and forest/dunes on the other.  It was nice and clear that day so we could see quite far along the coast as well.  During the ride Rigel found some chantrelle mushrooms, got a local to identify them properly, and preceded to sit in the Fred Meyer parking lot cooking them up with some fresh veggies for a pre supper, supper.  

Once we set up camp, Rigel and I went for a walk amoung the sand dunes.  It was amazing.  Alot like Spirit Sands but much sandier and bigger.  We spent a couple hours walking on the berm and climbing the giant hills and endind the day watching the sun set on top of the tallest one.  

 

About animalrv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.