Existing Member?

Rigel and Erin A 10 month journey south along the Pacific coast, or so the thought is.

san juan island

USA | Thursday, 5 September 2013 | Views [435]

We started the trip Tuesday Sept 3 by taking an 11am ferry from Tsawassen to Victoria and then in the evening from there to San Juan island.

The customs officers pre-screened us in Victoria and there we got another cursory conversation on the island and a wave to pass.  Arriving as the sun was setting, we set up  our tents and ate trail mix at a local fair ground camp RV site with hot showers, power,wifi, and running water.  Not bad for $7 each.  In the morning, we planned to hit the beaches in the sun and explore the island, however the weather has turned marginal and so I sit writing this quick post in a soggy tent in the rain.  The weather can turn quickly though so we will re-emerge when the sun comes out.  

Tomorrow is forecast thundershowers.  Our site host, Serena says we can stay here for up to two weeks.  I highly doubt we'll take her up on even half of that offer as there are more islands ahead of us before we hit the mainland, and ferries between them are free!

Tonight we plan to eat fish and chips at a local restaurant for a late lunch and then rehydrated vegetables in a stew for dinner. Fun!

Tags: underway! cycling

 

About animalrv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.