Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Copenhagen the second time around...

DENMARK | Sunday, 24 May 2009 | Views [535]

Had a wonderful day touring Copenhagen.  Hit all the places that we missed the first time.  Got off of the boat around 8 am, hit the hotel around 8:30, waited for the rain to stop, 11 am.  We wandered around downtown, went back to the castle/palace that we didn't go in the first time and saw the royal stables, horses included.  It was really cool.  The horses are stable in a fab place, marble, gold, perfectly kept, amazing...pics to follow when the camera gets sorted out.  Saw the carriages, wow!  What it must have been like to live back in the day before the automobile. 

Stopped for lunch at the hundredth menu we looked at.  It was really bad, don't think that we could have chosen a worse restaurant.  I had fried Plaice with sauce and Vinnie had pizza.  Both were awful...my stomach actually hurt after eating mine...the more bites I took the worse it got.  Vinnie finished his off but only because he hates to waste money.  We then spent the rest of the day at Tivoli gardens.  It was great fun to see all the rides and the beautiful gardens.  Must have wandered for 3 hours...saw the little boys guard (absolutley adorable)!  Pics to follow, I hope!  After Tivoli we went back to our hotels area of Nyhaven to people watch and drink.  Hit a sidewalk bar and sat with a glass of wine and a glass of beer.  Then we went down a ways and decided we were hungry.  We braved it out and went to the first restaurant that even looked passable...had two good pizzas then went for ice-cream.  YUMMY!!

Tomorrow is early to the airport and meeting up with Bernie and Philip...more excitement to follow.

Cheers!

 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.