Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

What's Going on Here?

SWEDEN | Saturday, 23 May 2009 | Views [930] | Comments [14]

What’s happening here?

What’s happening here?

Comments

1

A large bird is sitting on a roof.

  Beth May 23, 2009 8:59 PM

2

Peacock nesting. Maybe.

  Mel May 23, 2009 10:49 PM

3

A "scare-peahen" has been placed on roof to frighten the wannabe nesting terns...?
Or... a "scare-tern" has been suspended in the air to frighten the wannabe nesting peahens.
BTW, here we come. Flying out of SF in mere hours on our way to Munich rendez-vous.

  Philip May 24, 2009 12:57 AM

4

I second Uncle Philip's guess about the Term being suspended in the air to scare off other birds...

  Mel May 24, 2009 1:00 AM

5

My cold medicine has obviously affected my spelling..."TERN".

  Mel May 24, 2009 1:01 AM

6

Is the webmaster removing posts or did I just have a nightmare about horses last night?
And... what WAS that Danish were-bat-monkey thing anyway??!

  Philip May 24, 2009 1:06 AM

7

It was from a Michael Caine skit on SNL. I guess I was the only one who saw it and the Russian secret police removed it in the night. Thank God.

  Beth May 24, 2009 1:55 AM

8

a. No fake animals in the photo. Be more specific, you are close. b. Yes, the KGB has taken action as needed.

  Anita May 24, 2009 3:33 AM

9

Uncle Steve? What about you? We're not mad at you for cheating....we all Google everything. We were just jealous that you had professionals helping you! :) We love you and your input....we miss you.... WHAT THE HELL IS THIS A PICTURE OF?!

  Beth May 26, 2009 10:07 AM

10

A real peahen is there to guard the house and frighten off a real tern.

  Tad May 26, 2009 10:09 AM

11

The key is the dead seagull plastered on the ridge of the cabin to the right. It was left there after having been slain by the cabin-owner as a warning to the victim's brothers and sisters. The approaching sea-gull is on an inspection fly-over and is veering away in shock and awe. The pea-hen is simply perched on the roof's edge to best present herself to the pea-cock who is relishing the view from the ground. I'm sure the prize this time will be a fifth of Stoly from some black-marketing street urchin in a seedy apartment block of St. Petersburg. Save for later.

  Stephen the Lost May 26, 2009 2:30 PM

12

Sorry Steve...wrong, but I am saving a nice bottle of port for our Scotland trip...from Lisbon...yum! Tad...you are close, so, so close... but no cigar! You may need the magnifying glass to see the second seagull that is sitting atop the barnish building

  anijensen May 27, 2009 2:45 AM

13

Looks like the gulls have nested on the roof. The peafowl won't bother them.

Peafowl are like guinea fowl in the U.S. - people use them as an alarm because they make loud sounds when a stranger approaches.

  Vicki May 27, 2009 4:54 AM

14

Good job Vicki! You win again! You other's really are bad at this!! Tad was a close second...

  anijensen May 27, 2009 4:20 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Sweden

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.