Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Day 8, landing in the Azores - Ponta Delgada

PORTUGAL | Sunday, 3 May 2009 | Views [877] | Comments [5]

Horse drawn carriage...Azores

Horse drawn carriage...Azores

We finally hit the port around 10:30 this morning and ran to the gangway.  It was wonderful to walk around and see the old buildings and skinny streets.  We sent a postcard to Ethan as promised :)  We stuck to the downtown area, didn't wander too far off as we only have a few hours in port before leaving for our next stop.  Lots of horse drawn carriages...lovely.

Lisbon...we'll be there for two days, landing around 2 pm in the afternoon.  First stop of business is to find some shoes that don't hurt my feet.  I believe they (my feet, not my shoes) grew on the last trip as nothing fits me anymore...boo hoo. 

Vinnie has lost his sense of humor...we are looking for it but no luck.  Please Bernie and Philip can you pick one up at the store and bring it with you.  Thanks!

Weather is nice here.  Not much else going on.  The island is nice but not much to see besides the obvious.  The museum was closed (getting ready for the summer crowds no doubt).  Otherwise time was too short to do much.  Big adventure (I hope) in the next port. 

Cheers!

 

Comments

1

Hi Anita & Vinnie,

Thanks for the update and your new blog. I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures on this trip. Swing by Vermont on your way home, cuz spring has landed with green grass and golfing right around the corner for this old boy !! All is well in Essex Junction and Scooter is settling in and playing constantly with Molly. I'm still working part time at the club, and hope to play more golf this summer on the VT Seniors Tour !! Take care, stay healthy, enjoy your trip, and God bless you both.

Abrazos de tu tio Norman

PS: Not sure if this will go thru ok, so drop me a note periodically.

  Uncle Norman May 3, 2009 2:15 AM

2

1) Map inclusion on website is very coolio.
2) A, you have until Scotland to find shoes that hike....buy a pair in every port and we will annoint you Anita Marcos!
3)Sad that V has lost his funny bone. Don't they have court jesters in Europe? Hire one! Or just make sure you have access to Colbert Report or any aspect of the GOP these days.
4) Waiting for the botany quiz from Portugal which i will win, Melanie!
Cheerio

  Stephen the Elder May 3, 2009 2:18 AM

3

1 XXL stretch pants (floral print?)
1 Sense of humor
Got it... anything else?

  Philip May 3, 2009 3:26 AM

4

You can add to your list:
1 pair comfy new shoes for my mummy

Uncle Steve, if you win the next quiz, it's because I have taken pity on you and allowed you to...

  Mel May 3, 2009 10:56 PM

5

Bring it! And now if Vinnie the Grim and Lady Anita would only offer a botany selection that was challenging instead of the cupcake Passion Fruit......

  Stephen the Elder May 4, 2009 2:40 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.