Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Manta

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 21 January 2009 | Views [547]

Manta, Ecuador

Manta, Ecuador

Manta, Ecuador:  Arrived in port around 6 am this morning.  Nice dock, no tendering, just a shuttle up to the main gait to get out into the city.  We walked into town towards the fish and Mercado markets, about 15 minutes along the shore road.  It was very picturesque.  After having our fill of walking around we decided to take a taxi ride around to the main parts of the city and outskirts.  We drove to San Antonio, a nice resort area that takes in “reclaimed” animals that are found trying to be shipped out of the country illegally.  Pictures will be posted later.  A couple of the children showed us all of the animals.  Afterwards we headed back into the city and out the other side to Monte Cristo.  On the way the taxi got a flat tire.  Monte Cristo is a nice city…a good place to buy panama hats if you are in the market.  We were not.  The taxi driver, Livingston, dropped us at the beach were we grabbed a bite to eat then headed back to our ship.  Nice day.  Tomorrow is our last day at sea before reaching Peru, then two days, one in Trijillo then the next in Lima where we start our land portion of the trip.  Cheers!

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.