Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Day 17: Leeds

USA | Friday, 21 November 2008 | Views [476] | Comments [2]

Leeds Castle

Leeds Castle

Leeds Castle was fab.  Nice grounds, mean geese and warm weather (low 50s).  We spent the morning wandering around the grounds and going through the castle.  The tourists are very thinned out, only a handful of Japanese.  The afternoon was quite exciting.  We stopped in Ledham for lunch in Pippa's Tea Room and had a yummy veg soup and a Ploughmans.  During our dinner the police arrested a young guy (not sure why) outside the window of our establishment.  All us elderly were glued to the action - better than watching TV!  After the "arrest" we did a quick tour of the town (10 minutes) and then wandered away to find our next BB.  After locating it (we have trouble finding these places after dark and that happens at 4 pm here).  We then drove to Isle of Shippley for a quick driving tour around the Isle.  Here we are at the BB, relaxing and getting ready to go out for yet another meal.  I don't know if we'll be able to beat Vinnie's meal from last night but we are going to try!

-Anita Out!

Comments

1

Is this a tour of England's eateries?!

  Bethanie Nov 21, 2008 9:24 AM

2

"...a Ploughman's..."?...beer?....dessert??...entree??
....a real man who plows?

  Stephen the Elder Nov 21, 2008 6:48 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.