Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Day 14: My Peeps

USA | Tuesday, 18 November 2008 | Views [438]

Today we woke up in Penzance after having walked the town and exploring it’s roads.  It wasn’t our type of town but at least we got a chance to experience it.  We left this morning, right after breakfast, and headed toward Plymouth to see where our “Peeps” had left from to reach America.  It was interesting to see the steps they went down to get on their boat.  I took photos…they’ll be posted later today.  We then walked around the entire harbor before heading back to Dartmoor.

We really enjoyed the two days we spent in Dartmoor, hiking and seeing all the early history.  There are tons of Stone circles, cairns, standing stones and other interesting prehistoric remains that are everywhere.  It is really neat to just go out and stand on top of a hill and look into the distance, you’ll see all sorts of indentations and possible old villages etc…really cool. 

We are staying in a nice hotel that is 200+ years old, the Two Bridges hotel.  We saw it while here the other day and mentioned that if we ever got back to the area we would try and stay here.  The next two days, weather permitting, will be filled with walking and exploring. 

I’m not sure where we are headed for our last few days…Vinnie’s choice!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.