Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

OK, quiz time!

USA | Saturday, 15 November 2008 | Views [596] | Comments [10]

Who are these guys?  Post your guesses to this page so others can see.(More clues later if no one guesses)

Comments

1

Knights of the Round Table?

The Seven Dwarves?

  Philip Nov 15, 2008 11:27 AM

2

Knights of the Round Table from a Monty Python skit perhaps!

Clue 1: These guys are headed for a town that we visited in Dartmoor National forest yesterday.

  Vinnie Nov 15, 2008 8:03 PM

3

It's Robin Hood and his band of merry men. Or Pilgrims on their way to Canterbury Cathedral...

  Mel Nov 16, 2008 7:37 AM

4

Clue 2: New photo of the same crew posted above. You should be able to tell me the names of each person.

  Vinnie Nov 16, 2008 9:02 AM

5

Bill, Jan, Peter, Peter, Dan'l, Harry, and Tom... you geek.

  Philip Nov 16, 2008 9:21 AM

6

I have been following your daily posts with great excitement....well, at least with interest. Sounds as though you are having a great and intersting historical journey...from eatery to eatery.

  Bradley Nov 16, 2008 1:19 PM

7

Philip...you hit it! And yes, geek extraodinaire!

  Anita Nov 16, 2008 6:29 PM

8

So if I'm a geek, what about the fellow who solves a geek's quiz. Anyway, very well done.

Anyone else able to amplify on Philip's solution?

  Vinnie Nov 16, 2008 8:04 PM

9

As I now have a tune irrevocably stuck in my head for the day, my only consolation is that Anita is also hearing said song in Vinnie's dulcet hum as he drives down the wrong side of the road...

  Philip Nov 16, 2008 11:25 PM

10

The phrase Uncle Tom Cobley and all is used in British English as a humorous or whimsical way of saying et al, often to express exasperation at the large number of people in a list. The phrase comes from a Devon folk song "Widecombe Fair", collected by Sabine Baring-Gould. Its chorus ends with a long list of people: "For I want for to go to Widecombe Fair, With Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Gurney, Peter Davy, Dan'l Whiddon, Harry Hawke, Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all." The surname is spelt as "Cobleigh" in some references....

Our dearest departed mother would have been proud, Phillip!
Anita, very cool web site and very cool to enfold your family into your travels.

  Stephen the Elder Nov 17, 2008 10:08 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.