Existing Member?

Ange and Sam 'You've got your whole life to do something, and thats not very long'. ANI DIFRANCO

Pai in the sky

THAILAND | Friday, 10 August 2007 | Views [4819] | Comments [3]

Our first night here at 'our house'

Our first night here at 'our house'

       So we're in Pai (pronounced pie).  Still in Thailand, we're loving it!!  Pai is even more beautiful than chiang mai.  We are so high in the mountains here that on some days, the clouds are just hovering above our heads.  Its wonderful! Its an extremley chilled out town, although theres still so much to do and see.  As we're right on the burmese border we went to check out the long neck Karen villagers from burma.  Very intersting they are with there long necks and all.....They even got Sam into one of there neck brace things.  Is that what i should call them, neck braces? I think not!  Anyway, moving on.

      It was Sams birthday the other day.  36 years old.  Poor thing was dying to get near some water for a swim so we decided to hunt down a pool which we saw was just out of town and up a hill.  So off we go,  walked up this hill, in the middle of the day and we get to the 'farmers guest house and pool'. Finally, we thought, the 'eco friendly no chemicals pool'.  YAY!........

    It was a swamp..............

      Back down the hill, still in surprising good spirits (it was the ladys birthday after all).  When we got to another fancy hotel with a pool they told us that no we couldnt swim in their pool as we were not guests of the hotel.  They pointed up the hill at 'a lovely pool at the farmers guest house.'  I thought we may have killed her.  Back up the hill...

      This time, when we got to the swamp we ventured a little further behind all the bungalows and low and behold. A pool.  A lovely glorious pool.  We got all set up, with our chairs and our books and our beers.  And then,  it started to rain..............

      All in all, we had a good day.  It was quite a funny situation we found ourselves in.  As Sam says, where ever in the world we are for her birthday. it always, bloody rains.  At least shes used to it.

     We hope everyone is well well well.  Where leaving Pai (sadly)  tomorrow to head to Loas.  Our Thai visas are nearly finished and i think its time we moved on anyway.  We dont want to wear our our welcome now do we.

    I've popped some more photos in the gallerys so be sure to check them out.  Bye

xoxoxoxooxxoxoxoxooxxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxxooxxooxoxoxoxoxo

  

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

I laughed so hard at Sam in the neck brace! You've got no neck! Runs in the family!!

Great to see your photos, you look like your having so much fun! Take care of each other! xxx

  luchana Hair Aug 12, 2007 6:42 AM

2

Hello!
Beautiful temples and the weather looks great. We got your great postcard - very tempting travel destination for the future.

Enjoyed reading your 'search for a swimming pool' saga, I could feel the heat!
Keep having fun, looking forard to the next instalment!

Michele

  Michele & Attila Aug 20, 2007 11:10 AM

3

Oh sammy lou, gold def looks good on you....loving that pic of you in your get up....
Missing both of you....

xox

  Mel Aug 31, 2007 5:42 PM

About ange_sam

Our fancy hotel in Bangkok. Day 1.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.