Existing Member?

Ange and Sam 'You've got your whole life to do something, and thats not very long'. ANI DIFRANCO

Trampled by elephants

THAILAND | Sunday, 29 July 2007 | Views [981] | Comments [5]

nice elephants...

nice elephants...

Sam and I decided to do a 'tuk-tuk' tour around the ancient city of Ayutthaya (used to be the capital city of Thailand from 1300-1700ad).  Much to our delight, the first stop of our tour was to an elephant camp.  They were soooooooo gorgeous!! I quickly made good friends with the baby elephants who were just like little puppies - very cheeky. 

Then, there i was, minding my own business when here come two baby elephants in a miny 'stampeed.'  I thought for a minute it would be ok when my so-called friend stamped on my foot, then again.  Other tourists were taking photos and sam was nearlly dying of fits of laugter.  No one helped me.  I was alone, being trampled by the small elephants.  Finally, the owners came and chased them away.  It was quite a predicament i found myself in.....luckily, we made up and are now friends (from a distance)again.

Ok, well that was enough excitment for me for a while.  We are now in Chiang Mai which is just THE BEST PLACE! Whoever voted melbourne to be the worlds most liveable city in the world has obviously never been to chiang mai.  Everything feels so much easier here.  Slower.  We love love love love it.  I never want to leave.  Unfornately, there wont be many photos of this wonderful place as, really, there isnt much to take photos of. 

Well, thats all for now, I have gone on long enough.

bye  xoxooxoxoxoxoxoxox

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

Poor little foot
Lucky your poor little foot isn't broken. It's not is it? Elephants were probably being friendly...Luv mumma

  Mumma Jul 29, 2007 10:42 PM

2

It sounds like you having great adventures in a beautiful place. Getting trampled by elephants is pretty exotic!

You're getting Attila worked up here - he feels like he's missing out. He's usually the one to get trampled, bitten or attacked.

He agrees with you about it being one of the most beautiful and relsxing places in the world (he's been before).

This website is a good idea!

Michele

  Michele Jul 30, 2007 9:29 PM

3

oh ange i miss you making me laugh, im in fits of laughter just reading this haha i can just imagine poor lttle ange being taken out by those elephants haha sorry i shouldnt laugh glad your ok and that your having a great time take care little one XX love em

  Emily Jul 31, 2007 12:16 AM

4

it's nice to know that sam's looking after u ange....hahaha.....miss ya's

  KaTie (C... chops) Jul 31, 2007 11:19 PM

5

Hi Angela and Sam
I was talking to your Mum last night Angela and she mentioned the elephant trample. I had to wait to get to work to read your blog as I only had it on my work e-mail address jsimpson@wodonga.tafe.edu.au.
Sounds like you are having such a great time. I love being able to see photos of where you are - I feeling like I am having a clayton's holiday. Leigh & Bec have just arrived back from Vietnam. They loved it.
Have fun xoxoJan

  Jan Simpson Aug 15, 2007 3:33 PM

About ange_sam

Our fancy hotel in Bangkok. Day 1.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.