Existing Member?

pillaging the village

french school system

FRANCE | Saturday, 1 December 2007 | Views [369]

another quick note i forgot about before :)

in france, universites are 'second tier' ...the people that do the best in their bacalaureat (french VCE exam, sorry i spelt it wrong too) ... go to something called a 'grand ecoles' -- there are none for law, but they exist for commerce, administration etc ... and they are two years long and you have to pay for them and its very very hard to get into them - you have to sit huge entrance tests etc ... universities in france are srt of like tafes - but a little bit better ... if you want to get into politics you have to go to a grand ecole ... so the people who are in the govenrment in france are very much intellectuals --- in france, politics is very much an intellectual field --- which is very different from australia ...

in france ... they have their own version of big brother ... and all the competitors are 'taught' how to behave on the show - given courses etc ... the competitors are very much less 'bimbo like' than our big brother -- and talk in philosophical ideas etc...

sooooooo france is very much more intellectually focused than australia ... philosophy is a compiulsory VCE subject

Tags: Culture

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.