Existing Member?

pillaging the village

day 4 - the ending of gaufres and jambon

FRANCE | Friday, 30 November 2007 | Views [375]

haha this was a funny end of a day ....

after lunch me and nici took shots of the rest of the guava liquour we had (see photos) and then had to go to our boring boring museum class ... the train ride was funny haha and then we had an hour class at this boring museum in the 4th arrondisement where the lady showing us around basically read everything off the information posters on the walls ... so instead of copying down notes we cleverly just took photos of all the wall postings :) ...

thennnnnn we had the whole afternoooon FREEE:)

me manda n nic walked to the bastille - the bastille was a prison which was destroyed in 1789 during the first phases of the french revolution; its destruction marks the first day of the french revolution - jully 14th - which is actually french independence day; a whole lot of workers stormed the bastille looking for gun powder to fill up their canons -- the bastille was a symbol of the tyranny and cruel perseuction of the ancien regime (the kings of france) ... BUT that isn't why we went to see it ... we actually noticed about 15 police vans zooming past and we asked our teacher what was going on - apparently it was a protest .... SOOOOO of course we followed :) ... what beter wat to experience french culture than to attend a protest .... they were zillions of big busses full of police ... and huge vans ... it was cra zy crazy

when we got to the bastille area ... it was EMPTY hahaha full of police ... i asked the police what happened --- apparently the riots had been 'terminated' --- they werent 'stopped' but 'terminated' ... so going on that wording, they hadn't even started!!! the police man was very smug about it --- im guessing that this has very much to do with frances new right wing prime minister/president (i forgot which one he was) ... who came on TV and announced that he had a no tolerance policy on all riots etc and protests ... (There are actually some going on in the northern suburbs at the moment) ...

so alas no action ... and we headed off to the latin quartier for some dinnnerr ... we ended up going to a cute student restaurant and being naughty ... we ate so much bread and salad and four cheese pizza (dad, if you are reading this to mum --- change the details to ONE SLICE of pizza hahaha) ... and then we got the BESTTTTTTT waffles with nutella and chanillty (whiped cream) ... today was a naughty foood day but owwwww welll its paris hey ? ,,, not there very often ... but weve been very good so far ...

pics of fooooooood are posted for everyone ...

the bus ride home i think the natives thought we were maniacs and kept laughing hahaha we keept trying to rhyme french words like 'whipped cream' and 'ham' --- (yes i no these dont rhyme in english hahaha but in french they dooo!!!)

alll in alll was a great great great fun day :):) goooooo have a look at the photos

Tags: Misadventures

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.