Existing Member?

Enjoying life!

Forget about bungy jumping..just cross the streets in Saigon!

VIETNAM | Saturday, 19 July 2008 | Views [701] | Comments [1]

Yeaaahhhha,

finally the trip has begun and I have now spend my first day in Saigon, which has been very exciting and exhausting. Especially since we did not sleep for over 24hr during the trip to come here.

The most exciting thing about Saigon is the TRAFFIC! I am telling you....you want an adrenalin kick..come here and try crossing the streets while a million of mopeds are racing towards you....aaaaaaaa!!!!...was my first reaction. Fortunately I had read in the lonely planet about the crazy traffic and there they also mention that you should absolutely not panic and run for your life across the street, cause that might just end it!!! So you have to remain in total control and just try to walk in a tempo which will allow the mopeds not to run you down...so no sudden moves! It was both extremely scary but also extremely hilarious!

And you will see  the most shoking things too...like small babies held by their mothers while the father drives the moped...or huge metal poles held with one hand by a moped driver who hopefully did not stick that pole by mistake into somebodies head. Lots of lots of crazy stuff you have to see it too believe it...I will try to take some pics and upload them soon.

So I hope I will survive Saigon's crazy traffic these next 5 days so I can tell you more about the coming adventures in Asia!


Hasta la vista babies!

 

Comments

1

Hey, how nice to see you moving. I get you blog via rss and you are a wonderful contrast to my chair and computer, which both don't move much. enjoy :) PS: I am very much looking forward to your pictures :)

  mathias Jul 19, 2008 6:34 AM

About amouna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.