Existing Member?

A journal from a Belarusian girl who likes camping, hitch-hiking and crazy people

How I met the road. Part II

UKRAINE | Tuesday, 6 May 2014 | Views [307]

In Tarakanov Fortress we spent only one night (full of insects and strange sounds ouside the tent) and early in the morning went back to the road to continue our trip.

After that there was 2 days of road, before we came to the next stop: Kamenets-Podolsky. Its most famous sight is ancient castle built by Casimir the Great, Polish king in 1361 year.

Me and my roadmate came there first so by the moment when others joined us we had seen all the main sights and went to find something else to see. On the photo above you cаn see that the castle is on hill rounded by moat, and on the other side there is another hill, where we continued our hiking while waiting for others. Here is the photo made by the rest of the group from castle window:

Tired but happy we went out of the city at around 6 o'clock and near the sity border one kind man proposed to pick us up for a short distance just to make our trip easier. Important to mention that for this moment only 5 of us left (3 girls and 2 boys), because one person decided to continue his way alone. Somehow it happened that boys and girls divided and after a few minutes there was a 10km distance between us.

Soon after that a track picked up one person and we waited in two. Next our car was with two men from Moldova who laughed all the time and proposed us to eat every 10 minutes =) After an hour of road we saw the third girl who went to the road again because her driver had to wait before he could continue his way. That's how all three girls of our team were near the Vinnitsa margin before the darkness.

Meanwhile there wasn't any news from our boys: both phones were turned off. We were really nervous because our drivers went in the needed direction but we couldn't continue our way without the rest of the team. So we started to find a place to sleep (both tents we had were in boys' bags) and - MIRACLE - boys phoned us and say that they were picked by the track driver who picked up the first girl! Its difficult to describe how happy we were that everything is ok with our dear boys, they are alive and we'd meet each other in several hours.

We met another track driver near a parking who proposed us to stay in his empty track (a day ago it was full of tree, so the smell there was like in the forest). We waited for the biys, had a dinner with nice drivers and went to sleep late in the night. Despite the fact that we were sleeping almost in the road we overslept and next our day began from really hot weather.

That's all for today because I have to make my studies =) Wait for part III

About amnicat

15 hours of road. That's how drivers saw me. May, 2014

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ukraine

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.