Existing Member?

RN volunteer trip to Uganda

Lets Do This!

USA | Friday, 30 September 2016 | Views [363] | Comments [3]

Today is travel day! I will be flying from Charlotte, NC to Atlanta, GA to Amsterdam and then Entebbe, Uganda! No worries, it'll be a short day of just 21 hours in the air! I am well prepared thanks to all of you, and your generosity. I have a massive check on bag that weighs 75 pounds; filled with donations! The backpacking backpack I have also weighs the same and is 3/4 full with more donations! We will definitely put some big smiles and bring comfort to a few women and children! Thank you guys! 

 

I have to give special thanks to my mom for all her prayers, love and support. My cousin Lauren for always knowing how to take care of my crazy self (my care package will keep me cozy during the next two days!). My barn family for taking care of my boy Tully so that I can do something like this without worry, especially Mama Ray for always having my back and making sure I am safe and comfortable even from a distance; Christine, for giving me a cozy place to sleep before I begin this day! My childhood best friend Melanie for not putting up with anything and always pushing me to be better especially for this dream we shared, I wish you could be coming with me to help the children, I am just checking it out first and then hopefully we can go again! I am surrounded by so much love and am so grateful to everyone in my life. Thank you all!

 

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY TO MY BROTHER C.J.! LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!

 

Adieu!

Gypsy RN

Tags: on the road, uganda

Comments

1

GOOD LUCK AMY!! Can't wait to read about your adventures!

  Grant Widmeyer Oct 1, 2016 12:16 AM

2

I am so proud of you!! If only I was sitting next to you on those plane rides...we would make those 21 hours feel like 5 minutes. I love you and can't wait to read about each day you're there.

  Amy's Sister Oct 1, 2016 8:17 AM

3

I am so proud of you!! If only I was sitting next to you on those plane rides...we would make those 21 hours feel like 5 minutes. I love you and can't wait to read about each day you're there.

  Amy's Sister Oct 1, 2016 8:17 AM

About ameuganda


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.