Existing Member?

Asian Adventure

Flight of the Gibbon and Laos

LAOS | Friday, 5 March 2010 | Views [1554]

We travelled to the Foerst and got our helmets and Harnesses and started out. We pretty much zipped from platform to platform and it was really good fun. We also abseolaed and did rope bridges!!Was really good fun. The closest we got to a gibbon was hearing them in the background!

Tp get to Laos we got a 6 hour mini bus with 6 other boys, i bought some sickness pills which made me very sleepy so i was fine!we stopped off a few times but it wasnt a bad journey and got there soon enough.

We stayed overnight with about 25ish other people travelling to Laos in nice wooden hotel rooms. 8:30 in the morning we got on the mini bus again, this time with some other people and travelled 2 minutes to the border, got our visas and a stamp and got on a "ferry" and crossed the river to Laos which took all of 40 seconds, so when we were in Thailand you could see Laos very clearly, if you were really desperate you could swim to Laos.

We then got on the minibus again and started off on the 20 hour journey to Luang Prabang so took another travel sickness tablet and i was fine!!we had to go by mini bus as it is that hot that the Mekong River has dried up so you cant travel by boat which is the nicer way to travel. The roads did not have tarmac of any sorts on them, i learnt alot along the way of how roads are built...in SE Asia anyway as all the roads were under construction. We were in a bus with some nice poeple which was good, the biggest saviour was my neck pillow which was just wonderful!and of course the ipod as there isnt much else to do. There were no toilets along the way only bushes, which arent to diferent from squat toilets anyway!!

We arrived in Luang Prabang at midnight and were just left and to;d to walk around and find a hostel, luckily we had booked ahead so got a tuk tuk and went straight there. This morning we had our included breakfast and went out to the market and saw pretty much everyone that we travelled with so are going for a drink later.

About ambroom


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.