Existing Member?

Asian Adventure

Laos

LAOS | Wednesday, 10 March 2010 | Views [445] | Comments [1]

We went for a drink at Hive bar with some of the people off our bus and then went down to the river and played cards untill very late. The people we met were called, James, Adam, Josh, Laia, Sarah, Magda and Mary.

The next morning we went to a really amazing waterfall which had pools at the bottom where wyou could swim and they were the perfect colour of turquiose and they werent cold and there were rope swings etc, it was very good.

We noticed that in Luang Prabang we hadnt seen the sun, it was hot but when you looked up there was no blue sky or suna and it is because they burn the crops to make the soil better and it got to a point where there was ash falling from the sky it was really weird.

We met up with our friends again later that night and went to a bar called Eutopia down by the river to watch the "sun set" that we couldnt see at all!!!

On my birthday we travelled 6hours to Vang Vieng, found a nice hostel and went out to Bucket bar at night which is an outdoor club. All of us went except Mary.

In Vang Vieng we went tubing everyday which consists of swimming down the river or hiring a tube, they throw our rope with bottle tied to the ends and they drag you in and you drink at all the pubs along the riverside, they give you free shots of snake whiskey as you climb up, you get head bands and wrist bands. You can go on swings into the river too. There is mud volleyball which is alot of fun.

Vang Vieng also has restaurants where they have a few tvs at the front and speakers and all the seats face forwrds like a sofa and you can watch friends, family guy or simpsons over and over again, when you walk past it isjust silence as people are eating and watching.

Vang Vieng had really good night life which were all outdoor clubs along the river. Bucket bar where they serve drinks in buckets was our favourite and limbo bar next door was fun watching all the drunk people trying to go under or jump through flaming hoops!

We then travelled down to the 4000 islands with our friends except James and Adam who already left to other places, and some more people we met at the hostel. It took a long time and we had to get a bus to Vietniane and then a sleeper bus which was kind of fun. There were bunks bed all the way along the bus and the beds were for 2 people but were the size of a single so me an Laia were squeezed in together and the others were all squished in some other spaces and we listened to Laos Karaoke for an hour until they thankfully turned it off!! we tried to sleep but it was hard with the laos lady Hocking her throat right next to out head!was sick but they do it alot here! We then got off the sleeper bus at Pakse and got on another bus to the edge of Loas and then a boat to the 4000 islands. We found a hostel and went down for a swim. Me, Laia and Bridget found a really nice place to swim and swam over to a little deserted sandy island and sunbathed. The water was as warm as being in a bath even though it was really deep. There were fish that would nibble at you toes but that was all. That eveing we went out to a restaurant and then Reggae bar!

The next morning we moved to a new hostel which was a wooden hut looking out toward the river with 2 hammocks on the balcony and an amazing view of the sunset. It was very basic but really cheap and good fun. The shower was in a seperate hut with only a candle for light!

The next day we went kayaking with everyone which was really good fun. At the start i got stuck with the guide who kept answering his phone so we wnet really slow! Then i went in with Ned and for the rest in with Laia. We stopped to see a really big waterfall and then we stopped for lunch on a cambodian island. We then stopped again and saw the rare Irrawady Dolphins which was really good. And then Kayaked back to the island where we watched the sunset from the Kayak!! Was really good. The guide told us after that we kayaked 10km which we were all really proud of as the wind was against us but really good fun!!

We had another chill out day where we just swam and sunbathed.The next day we left for Cambodia so we got a boat and then a bus, which broke down!and then another bus and arrived in Siem Reap at midnight after a 14 hour journey!

Comments

1

Dolphins!!! Jealous!!

Miss youuuuu

Jess xxxxxxxxxxxx

  Jess Pinfield Apr 1, 2010 3:10 AM

About ambroom


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.