Existing Member?

Traveling

Destinations To Avoid In Summers If You Are Prone To Skin Allergies

USA | Friday, 29 April 2016 | Views [348]

Summer vacations are always positively anticipated by most of us. It is, however, not the same story for a few of us who have sensitive skin. We know the grill and excruciating pain that comes along while traveling at destinations that are known to get incredibly warm in summer times.

This article is written for those who are highly prone to skin allergies and are curious to know what places to avoid due to its non-conducive heat. The list of the destinations given below should never ever be considered when traveling in the summers! And, of course, heading to colder destinations makes absolute sense in such cases.
 
If you are susceptible to summer heat, then there are a few places that you must definitely avoid visiting in summers. Read further to know more:

1. Washington, D.C., USA
Washington D.C. offers excellent locations to people who love strolling in the city. But, this aspect of the city will look like an opportunity only in winters when there is less humidity. In summers, walking around the city is not recommended. Summer time can make you sweat profusely, even causing skin irritations and sun burns. Besides, due to high humidity levels, you may even feel sluggish. Therefore, it is advisable to visit this beautiful city in springtime, which is the best time to visit Washington D.C.

2. Paris, France
Paris in summers is a big and loud NO! If you fancy a nightmarish holiday, then do visit this spectacular city in the summer holidays. In addition to becoming alarmingly hot, Paris is unexplainably visited by tons of tourists from all over the world during the summers. Imagine facing the heat along with spending more time in the queues. It’s not a good situation to be in while in Paris during summer time, especially if you are prone to skin infections. Paris is best enjoyed in spring and winters, and definitely not summers.

3. Rajasthan, India
You would be really nuts to be visiting Rajasthan in such scorching summer time of India. Rajasthan, undoubtedly, is a culturally significant place where many ancient artifacts can be explored and cherished. With Rajasthan, you never know how you will discover the place since there is so much to see and do, and almost everyone experiences Rajasthan differently. But, visiting this state of India during summers is a terrible idea. The state known for its sand dunes and palaces goes up to 40°C in summers. Also, especially in India, you need to be cautious of developing skin infections. These infections become adverse in India in summer times. Therefore, it is best to avoid visiting Rajasthan during summer holidays.

4. Dubai, UAE
Quality time in Dubai in summers is usually spent in malls only as being outside on the streets is not even an option. If you like spending times in beautiful and luxurious malls then visit Dubai during summer holidays. If not, you might want to explore other places in your own country or outside where the temperatures do not reach so high.

5. Florida, USA
Florida is another American destination that you may want to give a miss during summer holidays. Of course, its sandy and spectacular beaches may tempt you to give this place a go; however, remain wise and avoid visiting Florida in summers. Humidity in Florida in summers is literally unbearable and will be excruciatingly painful for people with skin allergies. Even the sunscreens give up after some time in Florida. So, the safest thing to do is to not visit Florida in summers. Spring or autumn is the time when you may contemplate visiting the beaches of Florida since there will be very little noticeable crowd and excellent weather.

6. Agra, India
Visiting the Taj Mahal is everyone’s dream come true. But, this dream might turn into a nightmare if you visit this place in summers. Agra is a spectacular city where the Taj Mahal has found its home, and quite undeniably, the Taj Mahal never fails to impress its visitors who flock from all over the world. But, keep in mind that the temperature goes up to 40° in summers in Agra, which means you will be sweating in all your pictures. Also, since so many visitors come to visit this place all year round, you inevitably become more vulnerable to receiving any particular skin infection. In order to avoid all discomforts including skin related concerns, it is ideal to visit this beauty in winters. Agra is more pleasant in winter time.

7. Chennai, India
Chennai in India has a lot to offer to its tourists, and lovely beaches are surely one of the best offerings of Chennai. The beaches here are absolutely marvelous and breathtaking. However, in summers, Chennai can be really cruel. Just a walk on the streets becomes overwhelming and sometimes impossible in Chennai. If you have a skin that is really sensitive then don’t visit Chennai in summers. Either postpone visiting the place or cancel it altogether as Chennai heat cannot be taken less seriously. Thanks to its vehement heat, it makes it impossible to enjoy the city during summers.

Perhaps you want to ignore this article and completely disregard everything that is mentioned here and want to pack your bags thinking a sunscreen will be just fine. In that case, go ahead and visit these places but at your own peril. Also, remember to carry a few tea tree oil wipes as you surely will need them along with a good sunscreen.

Take care!

Tags: avoid, destinatioms, summers

About amber-c


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.