Existing Member?

Traveling

Bike And Hike To Muir Woods San Francisco

USA | Friday, 4 March 2016 | Views [2131]

If you venture north across the iconic landmark of Golden Gate Bridge into the picturesque coastal town of Sausalito to the enchanting world of redwoods - the Muir woods will welcome you. It is a perfect get away from the monotonous city life. Relish in the solitude and peace while strolling through the 1000 years old, more than 250 feet tall redwoods or go for biking on the trails of Muir woods. Biking or walking, whatever you choose, Muir woods is a real awe-inspiring site for both a nature lover and an adventure freak. Muir woods provide a terrific opportunity for everyone who has a taste for adventure.
Why Muir Woods?

It is said “heaven is a place on earth.” Nestled at the foot of Mount Tamalpais, the enchanting Muir woods is certainly amongst those places. The lush stands of huge ancient redwoods is a treat for your senses. In the loosest sense of nature away from the hustle and bustle of a crowded city life, Muir woods offer you an awe-inspiring scenic beauty that will make your heart skip a beat.

Muir Wood Trails

Extending across the narrow valley floors, the trails of the Muir woods National monuments are covered with wooden boardwalk making it easy to stroll. There are several paved trails which give you a closer look of the magnificent redwood giants. Other walking trails which are unpaved take you up the hills where the trails are connected to the outside of monument boundaries.

Bike and Hike Tour

Muir woods gives you number of options to relish in its breathtaking beauty. Start with riding across the bay from Alcatraz, through the woods to the beautiful coastal town of Sausalito. Opt for a walking muir woods tour or rent a bike to add thrill to your journey. Muir woods loop is a must do. Renting a bike is very easy and affordable while the thrill you feel during the bike and hike through the woods is matchless. Feel the wind blowing through your hair, smell the salt in the air while enjoying the scenic beauty of the nature.

Walking Through The Woods

A peaceful walk through the alluring beauty of tall redwoods will surely take your heart away. After all, what’s better than a date with Mother Nature? You will never feel this close to the nature. Walking is the best way to explore the majestic beauty of the ancient redwoods. It is an ideal way to get a taste of the nature and relish its beauty.

Sausalito Tour

After some footslogging in the woods, you can drive to the arresting coastal town of Sausalito for beautiful bay views, waterfront restaurants with exotic food, alluring galleries, and stress reliving shopping. The town has a Mediterranean appeal just like the French Riviera. You can also treat yourself with a ride on the waves or you can also enjoy a walking tour of the docks in Sausalito and discover the intriguing history and culture of this amazing place.

If you are up for some adventure, with the nature look no further and head to the Muir woods.

 



Tags: attractions, muir woods, san francisco, travel

About amber-c


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.