Existing Member?

Peregrinations Mexico and Central America on Motorcycle: Open road, open heart, open mind.

So, I'm on this great new diet...

BOLIVIA | Saturday, 5 April 2008 | Views [909] | Comments [2]

Llamas on the altiplano. They mark the llamas with fluffy wool tassels on the ears instead of branding them -- a way cuter and kinder method, methinks.

Llamas on the altiplano. They mark the llamas with fluffy wool tassels on the ears instead of branding them -- a way cuter and kinder method, methinks.

...it's called "Bolivia". It's fantastic, you should try it: the food here is pretty lean, and it's out of your body in under 6 hours! It's an easy way to lose those pesky five pounds I put on in Argentina.

Kyle's on an even better diet, one called "food poisoning". I would ask him how its going for him, but his head is currently in a toilet.

Actually, it's not as bad as it sounds (for me, at last...it's pretty bad for Kyle). I'm not being inconvenienced in any way at all, and I don't feel the least bit ill. And besides, it's my own damn fault for eating practically anything that comes my way. It's just that the street food is so tasty, and the meals at resturants come piled high with fresh vegetables full of deliciousness (and E. coli).

Ah well, que será será. With the way Kyle's feeling, we'll be in Potosí an additional day, which is fine by me. It's a fantastic city, and I'm loving the altitude (13,460 ft).

Ans, in truth, I'll probably spend tomorrow wandering the maze of twisted, cobbled streets, buying whatever stange delicacies present themselves at the street markets, and regretting it very soon after.

When in Rome...

And if anyone is wondering why I have a picture of llamas selected for this story, it's because they are delicious! Especially in tamales.

Comments

1

Kyle - don't get dehydrated!! See a doc if necessary. worry worry worry love you.

  Mom and Dad Apr 12, 2008 10:06 AM

2

To bad you can't buy an "iron stomach" from one of the steet venders! It would be well worth the $$.

  Kelly Apr 12, 2008 11:40 PM

About alpiner84


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.