Existing Member?

Australias Stories and Photos

So Far..

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 23 April 2014 | Views [457]

I have now been in Sydney for a month, time has just flown by. I am here for 2 more months. Lots to do in and around the city still. Will be getting Internet in the next few weeks so their will be lots of pictures to come. So I finished of at  UltimateOz and that was a great experience had a lot of firsts. I got to see dolphins, went into an ocean for the first time and what not, petted a kangaroo. Moved into a furnished flat with three great roomates all from the U.K. So living with them as sorte of been like living at home. 

So far I have done Taronga Zoo, the zoo was great lots to see and they seperated it into Wildlife from different sectors from around the world. Was there for about 6 hours going around meeting some animals and talking to some of the keepers, so that was a great experience.

After the Taronga Zoo I went to the Easter show, It was a little underwhelming for me. I pictured it more as a college royal type place but it was less then that. The fun parts were meant mostly for kids but at the same time it was not as good as some of the fests back home. The good part of it was the alcohol tasting. Met some sommeliers abd beer crafters who ended up giving me free liqour ssince I talked  to them about it rather than just drink it and move on. Spent about just two hours wwith them trying beers and wines from around Australial. I even got invited to visit a few of the wineries up in Hunter Valley when my time is done in Sydney.

I have a job as a casual cook at a place calle The Rose of Australia. Its a pub with a finedining restaurant on top so it is a constant mix of food that I am making. But it is fun none the less.

 

Tags: lifestyle, sydney

 

About alistairkeir


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.