Existing Member?

Australias Stories and Photos

The Flight There

CANADA | Sunday, 23 March 2014 | Views [539] | Comments [4]

So on the flight from Toronto to L.A. I met a nice English woman who encouraged me to get up and get around to get me use to planes. I am very thankful for that, I guess she took pity on me because I reminded her of her children who both did a gap year. She was very encouraging and told me a lot about traveling since she travels a lot with her husband. Her husband works for IBM in the engineering department and he has to travel a lot for that. The landing was ruff for the fact that the plane just didn't seem to stop for awhile. At the moment she is staying in Toronto for her husbands work, she was taking the flight however to visit friends in L.A.

There was about three hours in between flights and again I met three older woman. One was from Waterloo who I met directly when we came off the plane because we were both looking for the next gate. On the way there we also caught up with a mother daughter pair who we're going to Sydney for the daughters step-sons wedding. So here I was just kinda acclimated into there group because I was the same age as there children. They encouraged me more about my trip saying they wish there children did something like what I was doing. After the boarding we parted ways since it was an airbus. I sat in a three row on an aisle seat, the other guy sitting in my row was from Sydney himself and had just come back from a trip to New York. He is a cop in Sydney and doe work with different police forces in North America. He was very helpful in navigating the Sydney airport but once ingot my luggage we too parted ways.

The bus ride to the hostel was interesting in the fact that the driver drove like a maniac and just dropped me off and didn't tell me were to go. I finally arrived at wake-up after a thirty minute search. The accommodations at the hostel are quite nice I am glad I upgraded to four bed though. What I like about this is you can only access a floor when you have swiped your card. So I then had to call mom otherwise she would have lost her shit. I tried finding a free place to eat and call but no dice everywhere requires you to pay for internet even the bloody Starbucks. So far the city is hot but I don't find a huge difference in the culture between Sydney and Toronto. The weather is just ridiculously hot. So here is the first blog journal in the hopes that I will have many more.

Alistair

Tags: australia, flight, helpful

Comments

1

Mum messaged me a million times Friday night asking if I had heard from you. Plus that she should have heard from you so I had to explain to her you had to get your luggage get your ride and get to the hostel. Hahah

  Rachael Mar 24, 2014 1:22 PM

2

I am glad you got there safe and sound

  Dayna Mar 25, 2014 12:21 PM

3

Hey,

If and when you get to Sydney Harbour, and your ok with heights try get up to the Bridge, I've got a copy of a Certificate that your Granpa Drake was up they number them it would interesting to know, how many has been up since him in 1954.

Hope you are having a Super time, and I enjoyed your first blog keep them coming.

Love Aunt Miriamxx

  Miriam Currie Mar 25, 2014 7:12 PM

4

Glad you made it there safe! I found little difference when I first arrived in London but after a while, when you settled into a routine you will find that things are prob the same but so different ha!
have fun buddy and stay safe!

  Moe Joe Mar 26, 2014 12:22 AM

About alistairkeir


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.