Existing Member?

Adventures with Alisha

KTV: Sing, Sing, Sing

CHINA | Monday, 18 July 2011 | Views [1194]

Alright, whenever I think of karaoke, I think of Koreans.  Stereotype or not, those people love to sing to music videos with their favorite words of their favorite songs on cushy couches and tone-enhanced microphones.  No joke.

So when we to go karaoke, I wasn't planning on singing at all, but then I got wrapped up in the whole atmosphere.  Singing is fun.  I do it in my spare time and I am a music fanatic.  So when it was my turn to belt it out for "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele, I made sure to!

My favorite part of KTV night was the fact that it was so comfortable and fun and not high-energy.  You could go with lots of friends and everyone has fun.  Why?  Because everyone can sing.  Of course, there are those that dominate with microphones, but in general, anyone who wants to sing, can.  And if you're intoxicated enough, that's a lot of voices.  Furthermore, you get your own air-conditioned room with amazing couches and you can order drinks and food as you will.  It's almost like a personal bar where you provide the entertainment.

So whenever you're in China, and looking for a comfortable night out, but still fun, definitely try KTV.  You never know, there could be a singer in you.  Also - whenever a hit Chinese song comes up, like "Nobody," definitely chime in.  "I want nobody, nobody, nobody, but you!"

Tags: china, ktv, singing, xian

About alineswala


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.