Existing Member?

To travel is to live

First week of the yoga TTC

INDIA | Wednesday, 18 March 2015 | Views [355]

More than a week has gone by already since we started the course. We've learned so much in this short time, now that I see back, and realize how much we've learned in this last week I can understand why I feel so tired.
We learned two mantras already, even if I thought would be very hard, it wasn't as bad! Now I'm trying to remember the third one. Tomorrow I guess we'll have to sing it with out looking at the paper!
This week we started doing the yoga class, I mean we as being the teacher! We had to prepare a 30 min class and just do it with everyone. At the end the teacher will tell us what we did wrong and what needs to be improved... In my case, it was today. I did the class and when I finished I remembered a few things I didn't do.. Things I forgot to show or say. The teacher told me a few things to improve or do different. In two weeks I'll have to do a one hour and a half class between an other girl and me. So I hope that class goes much better! Have two weeks to learn more things!
With the theory classes we are advancing too. This Friday is my turn to start the biology class and remind everyone what we talked about the day before. Let's see how that goes!
Oh what we did this last week that was something interesting and maybe a thing I will hardly forget, was a cleansing proses!
Saturday morning, with our stomachs completely empty, we came to the class. This day we started at 7am so we had almost an extra hour to sleep!
The idea was to drink a lot of salt water, and after drinking two glasses each time, we had to practice a series of asanas (postures) that would move our whole digestive system and eventually we'll feel the need to go to the toilet... Ok maybe this sounds nasty! But this is a complete cleansing of the digestive system.

And what can I say... It really works! Some people got it all cleaned after 10 glasses... Others needed 15 and a lot more of asanas until the body expelled all the salt water! What can I say... There was a moment when just clean water came out!

After the practice we had to rest, lye down, no sleeping, just resting, and letting the body re do itself again. The intestines flora, stomach juices... Don't know! Any way, I felt quite exausted and just wanted to sleep all day even if I wasn't supposed to!
In the afternoon we went for meditation next to the Ganges, at a small and nice beach. Was nice to go out for air, and walk a little.

Sunday they organized us a visit to a Temple, Shiva's temple. We could see the Himalayas from there, but was so cloudy... We didn't see so far. It was beautiful anyway.

Sunday afternoon, we decided to go to the area of Rishikesh where the ashrams are, where I stayed the first night. We went to see the fire celebration next to the Ganges that they do every afternoon in front of Parmath Niketam ashram. It was a very nice experience. People chanting mantras, music, everyone praying... Was beautiful, the sunset and at the end the fire, didn't know how to call it, but they had this sticks like chandeliers with fire that where passing to the people. If you took it, you'll have to move it in circles and then with a hand send the smoke or heat of the fire toward your head, like a gesture... Have to ask the meaning. But what I know is that people got crazy about having it on their hands! Some how I got many passed to me, and then masses of people pressing towards me asking me to give it to them... But more hands that I could count! I had to just get away from there, I think I got in the middle of all this crazy people, funny experience.

And to finish the day and the week... I had pasta with white sauce and mushrooms! Oh so delicious after a whole week eating a lot of curry... Even in breakfast they manage to give us something with curry! I miss the food.. Just normal food, without spices, just normal taste, nothing fancy...

So let's see how this second weeks goes! My body asks for a rest sometimes, but it's still ok! Tomorrow I'll enjoy my breaks a little more, cause today I was preparing for the class. Although now we spend most of the free time studying or practicing.. So now I'll just post this and go to sleep!

We have a dog somewhere in the neighborhood that has been since the last 3 days barking from 10pm until 5am, non stop... And not letting anyone sleep! Which doesn't help if we are a lady tired from the long days! I'm using my plugs though it takes me a while to fall asleep! I just hope someone does something about this dog!

About alinach

Color everywhere :)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.