Existing Member?

To travel is to live

Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh

INDIA | Wednesday, 11 March 2015 | Views [338]

Yoga teacher training timetable

6:00 Wake up
6:15 Tea
6:30 Cleansing Shatkarma
7:00-8:45 Mantra, pranayama, asana
9:00-9:30 Breakfast
9:30-11:45 FREE 2H 15M
11:45-12:45 Anatomy
12:45-13:15 Lunch
13:15-14:00 Meditation
14:00-15:00 Philosophy
15:00-16:30 FREE 1H 30M
16:30-18:00 Asana
18:00-19:00 FREE 1H
19:00 Dinner

The cleansing technic was something I've never tried before, we had to pure water into our nose, one nostril at a time, and wait for the water to come out through the other nostril... Strange sensation but was easier than I thought it would be.

The mantra chanting was fun, we where all chanting what ever but not what we where suppose to... We have to learn and memorize all the chanting, that's going to be hard!

The asana classes are nice, Hatha yoga is more relax than ashtanga. We don't move like crazy at least. We take time to do the poses and stay in there for a few breaths. Some are hard, and I can feel it in my muscles, but I think I like it.

The people at school are nice. We are so far 10 students, 4 Americans, a couple, a girl and a boy. A Canadian girl, two Argentinian girls, a girl from Singapore, an other from Sweden and me. We are beginners kind of so its nice we are on the same level.

The teachers are nice too. There are three, we have the morning asana teacher, the anatomy, philosophy and meditation teacher and the director of the course who teaches the afternoon asanas.

The first days have been about getting the strength, I guess more we advance in the course, harder it will get! I'll have to start studying all the Sanskrit words!

At night I get so tired I go to bed very early, around 21 I'm already dreaming!

Today I could finally wash my hair! I woke up this morning before six cause I wanted to shower and wash my hair, so I had all morning to dry... But there was no warm water! Had the water running for 10 minutes and nothing! So I tried again after dinner and yeah.. A lot of hot water came out! I had a long a very warm shower, felt very good. Now I'm on my bed ready to go to sleep. Tomorrow will be an other long day of practicing and learning :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

About alinach

Color everywhere :)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.