Existing Member?

360 degrees in 364 days! Going around the world in a year. That is Genevieve's and my goal. We hope to absorp the most out of each culture we visit and make ourselves better citizens of the world.

Malaga with the in-laws

SPAIN | Thursday, 12 August 2010 | Views [719] | Comments [2]

Sorry for the long delay before this article, my laptop crapped out and I am forced to type this on a public computer. It's not so bad unless there are people queing behind me to use the computer... So unfortunately, this will be a very short article.

After spending some time apart from Gen, we were reunited in Torremolinos, Malaga, Spain. I was happy to see Gen again, I missed her. It was also a big reunion because Gen's parents, her sister and her husband were meeting us there as well. We spent two weeks together visiting the area and had fine dinning experiences almost every night. It was good to see relatives again and to travel together. It was wonderful the first time with my sister and my mom in Vietnam, now it's as good to be with the in-laws in Spain. What was even better was that we were able to stay with them in their appartments for free, this saved us lots of $$$. And that $$$ went to a good cause: fine dinning, good wines and great times!

It was so much fun to chill with them by the sea side. But it wasn't always restful at the hotel with the guests partying until 1 AM before they go clubbing. And we all heard them come home shortly after 6 AM, EVERY morning for TWO weeks :) Yes, that's the Spanish way: dinner at 9 PM, going out at 2 AM, coming back at 6 AM and breakfast at 11 AM. On occasions, fights break out between the locals and tourists at 6:41 AM; I was abrubtly woken up one morning at 6:41 to see beer bottles flying across the hotel pool. The end result: the police came and 16 guest were evicted. They know how to party here hahaha!

After two wonderful and grateful weeks with the in-laws, and after a couple of really good sightseeing outings, we parted. They went home and we went on, to Sevilla.

Sevilla is an awesome place. It's beautiful and a very historical place to visit with its' castle and cathedral (have a look at the pictures). The people are super friendly and the food is spectacular! ) As for the weather, well it was just like everywhere else in Spain: HOT! We stayed there a few nights and went on to visit Portugal.

We have an announcement to make: we are coming home! After being on the road for 9 months, we decided that we are too tired to keep going and we miss our relatives and friends too much. We miss having a daily routine with our friends, we miss the more frequent phone calls with our relatives, we miss having our own space, we just simply miss being home. We kind of started feeling this in Vietnam when my mom and sister left, we felt a little left behind when we saw them off at the hotel in Dalat... After much debating for a few weeks, we made the firm decision to cut our trip short from 12 months to 10.

We're supper excited to be coming home! We look forward to spending time with you guys and be in our own home, when we find one :) We look forward to having you guys over for dinner... Portugal will be our last stop in Europe and Gen's last stop before heading home. Gen is making a 3 weeks stop in Quebec before meeting back with me in Calgary on September 10. While she'll be visiting her friends and family, I'll be in Brazil visiting a friend. Livia, be ready for me :)

See you soon EVERONE!!!

Comments

1

Heureux de pouvoir te lire à nouveau je sais que c'est moins facile sans ton ordi. bonne journée et gros bisou
Moman et popa

  Cécile et Raynald Aug 13, 2010 9:32 PM

2

Hey hey.......... Holà my friend!!!!!!!!
Your laptop is always capout??????????? Windows is flying to the moon??????

I'll never forget this great moment "to be with you, my prefered sister in law and my "beautiful" môman and pôpa adoré", it was my best time of my trip.

Really, I'm proud of you and Geneviève and I wish a very good trip to Brasil and back home.

Give some news and have fun,

Nick

  Nico in law!!!!!!!!! Aug 22, 2010 10:07 AM

About alexxdiep


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.