Existing Member?

unculturednearanimallevel

Madrid

SPAIN | Monday, 5 July 2010 | Views [396]

Its been an insane few days. Have been in Madrid for the past 2 days, and met up with Renee and Javier who were awesome to let me crash in their hotel room, even though I think I snore something wicked.

Flew Ryanair from Porto, Portugal, which is a completely different story, but that city is amazing. Small, sleepy and absolutely stunning, both architecturally and people wise.

I met a a great girl, Milena, an artist,  who is saving my bag there, since travelling with the big backpack is  big no no with Ryanair, unless I am willing to cough up the dough.


Back to Madrid. City is insane, for the past 2 nights we have been going back to the beds at 5 or 6. We are always eating and drinking. The city is filth, grime and its architecture is people, not buildings. The streets are perpetually flooded with the human stream heading from a tapas, to cerveceria to a bar etc.

Not to mention that, I aptly timed my visit with pride day  plus for the first time in history Spain is advancing in the world cup past the knockout stages.

Also this is teh city if you like Goya and Velazquez and for some reason are craving some Il Bosco or Il Greco. heh

Ok bye.

Ill post some photos soon.

About alexkozovski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.