Existing Member?

Trans-Siberian Adventure!

Travelling home from Vladivostok

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Friday, 17 October 2014 | Views [197]

The journey back consisted of three planes from Vladivostok to Manchester via Amsterdam.

The first plane I caught was an Aeroflot plane from Vladivostok to Moscow.  I was really impressed with it and had plenty of leg room for a 9 hour flight.  I managed to watch 4 films, including the Lego film that I've been wanting to see for ages.  I think that I was the only foreigner on the plane.  The food was very good too and I got two large meals.  I also listened to the Verve's 'Urban Hymns' album.  It was starnge to think that I was the only person on the plane that had also gone to the same sixth form college as the Verve had!

I then caught a plane from Moscow to Amsterdam.  I had a good chat on the plane with both a Dutch consultant working for Phillips who was advising the Russian's on improving their health service, and a German teenager who was at a German school in Russia.  I couldn't eat all my food as I was still fairly full from the last flight!

I then finally caught the plane from Amsterdam to Manchester.  I was feeling really tired as I had been up for nearly 24 hours!  Once I went through passport control I waited to pick up my bag.  Unfortunately it did not arrive and I had to fill in a form to state that it had not arrived.

I couldn't believe it when I finally got home!

About alexhodge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.