Existing Member?

Trans-Siberian Adventure!

Vladivostock

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Thursday, 16 October 2014 | Views [215]

Couldn't belive in when we arrived into Vladivostovck and saw the pacific for the first time.  However, it felt a bit of an anti-climax to finally get off the train.

When we arrived at our hotel the recipioniost asked where our registrastion papers were.  You are supposed to be registered by the Police as soon as you arrive into Russia and this is done normally by the hotel.  She asked where we stayed in Irkutsk and she was very surprised that I couldn't remember the name of the hotel.  The tour of the city didn't start until 12 noon and this wsas too early to check in.

Our guide arrived at 12 noon and we had a tour of the city and this included visiting a submarine.  The weather was so warm and it was strange to think that only a few day before it was so cold.  We saw a monument that showed that we were 9233KM from Moscow.  Before we saw that a party of Chinese tourists wanted a picture we me and my guide.  It was so surreal!!  There are loads of Chinese in the city as wer are so near to China.

It was strange being in a car with the steering wheel on the right had side.  This is because as Vladivostok is so near to Japan most cars driven in Vladivostock are Japanese.    

Had a great meal at a restaurant called 'Nostalgia'.  I had the best chocolate cake that I've ever had abroad.  I showed the waiter the review of the restaurant in Lonely Planet.  He had not seen it before and was really pleased to know that it had been given a great review.

Found a really great supermarket near the hotel and spent time in the evening buying things to take home.  I like looking at supermarkets abroad and seeing what is being sold.

About alexhodge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.