Existing Member?

From Masala to Bollywood and everything in between! Catch up with me and my time around South Asia

Roof meditations

INDIA | Monday, 3 September 2007 | Views [624]

rooftop paradise...i absolutely found my spot!

rooftop paradise...i absolutely found my spot!

So I've just taken a break from studying and homework up on my favorite rooftop perch! I've returned to the spot where i've been the last few hours feeling completely renewed! I have to be completely honest, although I've been having a blast here in Bangalore it's easy to feel overwhelmmed and just plain lost in the hustle of the city. I've seen much that there is to see in Bangalore and I'm a little bored with the daily grind here...or so that was how I was feeling about 20 minutes ago. Watching the sunset against the beautiful backdrop of the city i was reminded of how much more I have yet to learn and experience here...I'm learning patience and that although I AM HERE I still need to take my time. This is only one part of this very diverse and lovely country, I shouldn't be so eager to give up and feel like i'm ready to go home. This coming weekend we're heading with our school to visit Mysore, the home of Ashtanga Yoga and beautiful palaces complete with elephants and camels!!! I'm ready to see the old world India I have had vivid dreams about since I was young. So for now I will return to my Indian Cultural studies, enjoy the spicy foods, breathe deeply in my meditation and Yoga sessions and just be. For now that is enough, I cannot expect more of myself and I cannot get too far ahead of myself. So I'm feeling happier and more at peace with where i am on the Globe! All my love!

Tags: I should have known better!

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.