Existing Member?

From Masala to Bollywood and everything in between! Catch up with me and my time around South Asia

Getting to know Medchal, our little town

INDIA | Monday, 17 October 2011 | Views [584]

October 17, 2011

We've been battling the jet lag for two days now, and although we're getting better it's been interesting to feel so much confusion going on in our bodies. The first night we got to sleep by 1am local time and had no trouble rising by 8:30 am and getting breakfast. We didn't do very much, just walked around and got a feel for the grounds of the resort/club and the small community it sits behind. By Indian standards we're staying in a top rate club, and it's perfect for us, not too much to do but relax and integrate all week. Last night we had a nice dinner, the food is great here) and got to bed a little earlier, except we took 2 pills of our Melotonin instead of 1 since we both felt like it hadn't been kicking in on the plane and the previous night. Somehow we were mistaken and the melotonin was working without our knowing, beacuse today we totally missed the morning and woke up dazed and confused at 12pm. Oops! So we're giving ourself time to settle in to say the least.

There's a british couple staying in the villa across the garden from us and it's clear they wish they were staying somewhere a little closer into Hyderabad with more going on outside their door. It's so funny, last night at dinner the husband, Steve, came up and introduced himself to Justin and I. He couldn't stop himself, he was so happy to have someone else besides his wife to speak with. Today they came and had beer with us while we drank our tea and watched the sun set. It's so interesting to hear their British perspective on the world, and the Indian culture, and their assumed American stereotypes.

Justin and I have been enjoying the wild life all around us. There are big and little lizzards all over the place. Spiders of all varieties and interesting designs. Pigs, or boars as the british couple call them. The pigs do the trash cleanup for the neighborhood. The cats here are very cool and Asian looking in their faces. Justin is meeting the stray dogs, he finds them more reserved and clean looking than he expected.

We're so pleased and intruiged with our hotel staff. They are very kind and hospitable. There are a few who know English quite well, so we haven't had to use my broken Hindi too much, a relief on my part. No stomach issues to report, the best victory of all! We're off to play some table tennis at the fitness centre, hooray! Stay tuned for our adventures in Hyderabad tomorrow. Shuba ratri or good night!

Tags: jet lag

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.