Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic Western Australia - PATRICK & ALEX

FROM EXMOUTH TO PERTH

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 13 June 2010 | Views [1083]

As usual I think the best way to do this is to give a run down of recent events in a top 5 list.  So here we go…..

1. Boshack Farm.  This was a very fun part of our trip as Patrick and I were introduced to authentic Australian culture by our guide and manager of the farm, Chrissy.  She taught us how to play the digeridoo, which we failed at miserably, and provided us with some meals and a place to sleep.  Lucky for us, a bunch of her friends cane up that night and we sat around the fire with them relaxed, drank some beer, and generally had a merry old time…okay, i got piss drunk.  It was fun.

2. Swimming with the Whale Sharks.  This was an amazing experience--swimming right next to the world's largest fish left me awestruck.  They are truly amazing creatures, very slow and gentle and …BIG! One of the Whale Sharks was easily double the size of the tour boat.  As a bonus we also got to see some Humpback Whales head up the coast.  It's truly heartbreaking that after the Whale Shark Tour I read a story in the West Australian newspaper about how there is little to no regulation for whaling boats in Japan.  The Prime Minister of Australia plans on taking Japan to an international court over this.  I wish him  luck.

3. Swimming with the Manta Rays.  We were extremely lucky to be able to go on these wild 'swim with' eco tours.  I was not aware of how truly gigantic Manta Rays can get.  They were doing 'back flips' in the water and then disappearing into the ocean beneath us.  It's at this time that one begins to wonder what else might be lurking in the deep recesses beneath us as we snorkel along without a care in the world…

4. Turquoise Bay.  Turquoise Bay is situated within Cape Range National Park and it is an awesome spot to relax catch some rays, go for a swim, or snorkel right off the beach.  We spent two days going back to this beach because it was so amazing!  The water was warm and crystal clear and best of all-there was hardly anyone else there.  I miss it now.

5. The Pinnacles Dessert.  Is a desert with these totally otherworldly looking pinnacle shaped rock formations scattered throughout it.  Although we didn't get a chance to spend much time there It would have been nice to have stayed longer, but unfortunately we underestimated the amount of time it would take to get there from Exmouth.  We did get to see the sunrise though, and we shot some good looking footage of us walking along this very interesting looking landscape.

Looks like we're off to Walpole now, I'm looking forward to seeing the southern coast of WA.

About alexandpatrick


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.