Existing Member?

andrex travel the globe k here it is, our big adventure. We will be going so many places and doing so much that we wanted to show everyone about our adventure. We want to share what we have seen and done. So if you are interested take a look, the only features i am really us

From White to Gold

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 16 May 2008 | Views [484] | Comments [4]

So after an amazing last few days in Cape Towns very own 'Cat and Moose' hostel, we headed off to the airport. It was so sad to say goodbye to everyone we had met, especially a select few people (yes, one of whom did happen to be very female and very attractive) and also to say goodbye to the city. The street kids knew our names by the time we left, we manager of a couple of the pubs and we knew the city and where to go to get the best meat and more meat!

It wasn't an easy change to Australia, the flight we were supposed to catch to Joburg, from Cape Town, was cancelled and we had been put on a flight 2 hours later that arrived in Joburg after our flight from Joburg - Sydney had left. We went in nice and early and they sorted it out for us, checking us onto a flight 2 hours earlier than our original flight. After a flight that we were convinced was piloted by a drunk South African (probably been to Bob's), we arrived in Joburg and got onto the flight to Sydney.

This flight was then delayed because the bags from the flight that came from Cape town, i.e. ours, had not been put on the flight and there was some sort of problem. Eventually we set off and we did get our bags at the other end. Further delays set in as we were convinced it would be fine to get Biltong through customs....it wasn't!

Richard met us at the airport as it got dark, we were very dissorientated because we had now only seen darkness! The weather on the first day wasn't brilliant but the last few days that we have been here have been great weather. We have been to the beach the last 2 days, and while still being a beach, they were very different to Cape Towns. The sand was much sfter and you almost fell through it and it was really gold, as you could see if i could get photots on here - which i really must do! Keeping you all in suspense just doesn't seem fair.

After a few issues with the Oz Experiance, like them thinking Andy was travelling with someone called Rebekkah, and not me and us being fined for not being on a bus at 6.30am, on a day that we were still in South Africa, we have sorted it and are catching the bus bright and early tomorrow morning. Our Oz Experiance really begins tomorrow as we make our way up the East Coast.

Hope England is full of cold showers, clouds and hail (because i am just that nice!)

love

xxx

Comments

1

Weathers been splendid actually!, well, cept for today...
But man those flights got buggered up! you should, uhr, go on a protest......
Naaaah, cant wait for more photos, the ones on your facebook are already looking pretty awesome!
much love xxxxxxxxx

  Pewi May 16, 2008 8:09 PM

2

Great to hear you are both still enjoying yourselves, even with all the travel hicups (and you are only on your second leg think how many more things can go wrong!!!)We hope that have as good a time in Aus as you did in SA but unfortunatley we will not be getting all the juicy gossip from now on. Take care of yourselves and get some pics on.

love UI & AS

  Ian & Sarah May 16, 2008 9:46 PM

3

Hi there Rebekah! haha. Sounds like not much fun was had on the jourmey to Oz but glad you're there now and having a great time. Was the biltong vaccuum packed? Should have been ok if it was, otherwise, naaaaah! I hope things get cheaper as you travel away from the big city. Mind you, your systems will probably appreciate the enforced detox! Stay safe, stay happy.
Lots of love to you both (and to Boll of course)

xxxxxxx

  Edyth Miles May 17, 2008 1:26 AM

4

I bet someone enjoyed that biltong! Hope your not starving or suffering from dehydration what with the prices - I'm sure that you will manage.

The weather over the last week has been rubbish here and we are all just a bit jealous of you both.

  Colin May 23, 2008 6:47 AM

About alex_ward


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.