Existing Member?

andrex travel the globe k here it is, our big adventure. We will be going so many places and doing so much that we wanted to show everyone about our adventure. We want to share what we have seen and done. So if you are interested take a look, the only features i am really us

In the beginning there was a pasty man - now he has tanned!

SOUTH AFRICA | Wednesday, 23 April 2008 | Views [594] | Comments [6]

Well we got to the airport and said our goodbyes - we were on our own for the first time! So after the - 'don't leave each others side' speach, we were immediately failing. Stood in the line at customs i was dragged out of the queue with all my bags, fully searched, x rayed and my neatly packed bags thrown across a table. I was then fast tracked through customs leaving Andy behind - wondering if i would ever see him again!

After re-aquainting we did what all good backpackers do - we went and had some spicy chicken wings, a couple of pints and as much free baily's as we could get our hands on! As we sat back down we were just coming to terms with the fact that this was for real - when Andrew Lloyde Webber walked past - am i dreaming?

12 hours later after sitting on a plane with no leg room next to a Belgian 70 year old who should not be anywhere else but in an insane Asylum somewhere, we made it to a clear, sunny Cape Town. We were picked up and taken to Claires house. 20 minutes later and we were driving with 2 19 year old girls at break neck speed to a bar. We were so dissorientated it wasn't even funny.

For the last week we have been sunbathing, and i already have a tan (that kicks Andy's tan's arse!) We have seen cheetahs, the botanical gardens, we have been to the beach, played in the sea, Been shopping, eaten alot of meat on braiis or butchers and drank our own body's weight in wine. Yet we are still spending less than half of our daily budget a day! We are being very well looked after and are just taking in as much as possible. I can't believe that we have been here a week already. The photos don't do justice to what we have seen and felt, but they give an idea of how AMAZING it is here!

I will try and update as often as possible, but it isn't always easy because of a lack of time.

Love

xxx

Comments

1

Woo hoo! Great. Have seen some pics on facebook but you need to get some here!!!

Glad your being looked after, remeber to sleep at some stage.

You may like to think of combining your blogs (or not) - we have to work hard at looking at two!

Look after yourselves

  Colin Apr 24, 2008 4:23 AM

2

This is more like it! Sounds like you're having a fantastic time, Alex. You see, I wasn't making it all up - the Cape is spectacularly gorgeous, isn't it? Keep enjoying, make sure you eat some fruit and not just biltong and wine, and keep well and happy.

Loads of love to you both, and to Boll as well!

xxxxx

  Edyth Miles Apr 24, 2008 5:28 AM

3

Glad you got over the disappointment of seeing ALW and are now having a top time.

Keep the updates coming...

  Clubba Bear Apr 24, 2008 6:33 AM

4

I hope you're not leading my sister astray with all this drinking and late nights!! Keep on enjoying yourselves & stop teasing us with hints of photos but none on show.

  U. Ian & A. Sarah Apr 25, 2008 8:16 PM

5

hope ur havin a fantastic time cos it sounds like u r. We are all missing you! Say hello to Claire, Abby, Toby and Mark. I have seen your pictures on face book and i think they are amazing. Make sure you don't get drunk on wine as you know how scared i get, hehe. Please could you bring me back some of that meat you cooked on that braiis, it looks lovely.
lots of love
Seb
xxxx

  seb May 1, 2008 1:55 AM

6

Happy Birthday Alex We would like to know how you celebrated.
Continue to have a wonderful trip with Andy Our love to you both

  Nanny & Grandad May 7, 2008 2:47 AM

About alex_ward


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.