Existing Member?

adventures through South America

E Mails from South America

ARGENTINA | Friday, 2 February 2007 | Views [355]

Hi guys,
 
I´m having a chillin´ day so thought I´d give you a wee update.
I´m in El Calafate in Patagonia which isn´t quite at the end of Argentina but it feels like it. I´ve been practical today and booked my flights up North in Chile (Read the update, I´m not doing any more bus trips down here!) and flights to Brazil for party time!
 
Been hanging out with the group that came down Ruta 40 including the obligatory aussies, but they´ve all gone down south now and I´ve no time to do it if I,m going to get to Peru in 3 weeks time. So going to go to Torres del Paine to kayak round the park, yes really,. Not quite sure what the hell has happened to me but if there´s a mountain I´ll climb it, if there´s a horse I´ll mount it and if there´s a glacier give me some crampons and I´ll give it a go! Honestly what with all this and not sitting on a loo seat for a month I´ve got thighs that would crack walnuts!
 
I´m staying in this great place overlooking Lagos Argentino, it´s got a cocktail bar next door so you can sit and watch bits of iceberg float by. Just what you need after a hard day on a horse!
Taking an extra day to do nothing and get my laundry done.. It´s hard to describe the excitement of this, I am so sick of my 2 sets of clothes and I had to chuck stuff out cos my pack was too heavy.
 
At least I have a sun tan now, however patchy it may be. I look a bit like a dulux shade chart going from off white to beige.
 
Spanish still ridiculously bad but at least I can swear in it now
 
Enjoy Valentines day although I don´t think any of you are the type to celebrate it!
I´ll be on a plane, just celebrating the fact it´s not a bus.
I´ve gotten into a habit of speaking pidgen English so hopefully this doesn´t  read like it´s been written by an 8 year old.
Thank you those who pointed out my slightly severe horse allergy. I took hydrocortisone, anti histamine, ventolin and vit b (some suggestion), wore sun glasses and tried not to breathe! The only thing missing was adrenaline. See the drugs do work, no anaphylaxis yet, just red eye.
Must dash, the mossies are using my ankles as a blood transfusion service
 

About albamclean


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.