Existing Member?

Nearly Unforgettable

Our First Country

ITALY | Thursday, 14 May 2015 | Views [281] | Comments [4]

   After a 13 hour plane trip, we were picked up by Piero a stone mason that knew our Dad. We then drove, almost completely asleep, to Santa Marinella (a city 60 kilometers north of Rome). NANANANANANANANANA JET LAG!! Going to a different country where they speak a different language is confusing, exciting, and overwhelming. 

  It is amazing being in Italy for the first time, they have standards that are much different then in the USA. For intance my brother and I can eat at a bar and pizzeria at one in the morning. Where the bar is in the middle of the dining area. Piero spoiled us with a seafood lunch at his beach club, it was amazing. 

 Nutella is a huge thing in Italy, all they eat is basically Nutella, Gelato, Pastries, and Pasta (no joke).

Tags: beach, italy

Comments

1

Excellent adventure! Good to know about the Italian diet too. Have some caffe!

  Joanne May 14, 2015 8:46 PM

2

Great blog, guys! I can't wait to read more from your perspective. xoxo

  Lisa May 14, 2015 10:08 PM

3

Kool! The Nutella and gelato sound good, but the seafood sound best. I'd go for more of that. Keep the journal going. Bona serra.

  Robert May 15, 2015 12:35 AM

4

How fun! I think you'll find the food and culture everywhere you go to be the most shocking. Be very open to what they're teaching you. Can't wait to read the next entry. Keep it up!

  Shelleen Akin May 15, 2015 1:04 AM

About aidan-torin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.