Existing Member?

african bliss for bohemian mermaids here you will find: my mind, lost in time linguistic trance-lations of dance, epic mom-ents mosquito net placements and i bet some cosmic revelations inspired by zulu nations

through the chocolate forest

GHANA | Sunday, 8 April 2007 | Views [710]

ghana is one of the worlds largest producers of, yes, CHOCOLATE. and my goddess, what could be more amazing than hiking through eighteen kilometers of chocolate forest?!! beans glistening on the trunks in all their rich expensive exportable glory. and i ate the fruit. the flesh of a cacao bean- it is pale and soft and almost tart, protecting the potent purple seed of perfection that is its desired product. mmmm. straight from the trunk and in the element of yum, sucking on the raw cacao and thinking about smuggling some seedlings back home in my already dirt-filled backpack.

 from the chocolate forest i wondered into the jungle canopy, then from the tree tops to the rock shrine, from this solid altered ashanti altar to the forest stream where you can feel the flow of hippo feet and crocodile teeth, flowing further back to the ocean, building shrines of shells to honor ourselves and onward, to waterfalls and confusing cities and unfinished ecovillages and back to accra. there is electricity only sometimes, and i am lucky in this moment to be writing to you.  

Tags: Food & eating

About africalis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.