Existing Member?

Affys' Travels

Melbourne Adventures

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 11 October 2010 | Views [578] | Comments [1]

Well as you have seen from the pictures I very much enjoyed my tours, I went to 'pufing Billy' the old steam train ( i love steam trains) before we go there we had an Australain attempt at cream tea (not even close!) and got to feed the king Parrots and other very colourful birds. We then got to go on the train where you actually can travel sitting on the side with your feet over the edge!! myself and my young 6 year friend did this the whole way (much to her mothers terror!) and i tried to take shots as we went along. it was so muh fun and our coach driver was great at making sure I had photo's of me.

I went back to Melbourne for some lunch and chill time beofre heading off to the penguins!!!!!!

Sadly you aren't aloowed to take photos of the penguins. I was gutted it damages their eyes even without flash apprently (have you ever heard that in a zoo!) It was one of the the most amazing experiences of my life, it brought tears to my eyes how close they were and how beautiful. We even eatch a chick call for its parent and eventually find one and get fed. I cannot recommend it enough!

The next day was the neighbours tour! I've not watched it for years but it was still excellent, we saw lassiters, Harolds store and Toadie's office, we also got to go to Ramsay Street and have lots of photos'. it was way way cool. :0)

I spent the weekend with the Wonderful Sharon Givens, who took me out for drinks along south bank and tours around Melbourne and introduced me to Chai Latte and macaroons which are exquiste! It was lovely seeing her again after so many years. She has done a lot to persuade me to return to Oz!

I have been for the rest of the week with Mary and Adrian Reilly, parents of Matt a friend of mine from Fullbrook, they have been so generous with their time! Mary and I attempted to go up the Dandenog Ranges but as you will see form the new photos' there was a lot of fog, instead we went to Chandon Winery and sat with a glass of bubbly wathciung the sun come out! I went into town a coupole of days looking round St Pauls Catherdral, Ian POtter Art FGallery and the Docklands shops! dodging a thunderstorm at one point!!

I was unfortunately not very well and slept a lot towards the end of the week, not sure really they reckon its something viral i just ache a lot everywhere!! On the positive however we went to Angelsea on Friday evening then were up early to go along the Great OCaen Road to the 12 Apostles (thought now there are only about 7) it was a fantastic weekend, the drive was lovely, despite the development of travel sickness by me!

the views were stunning and I wish I'd take more photos' the 12 Apostles were excellent and we just missed the fog which was good timing! that evening we saw Kangaro's and Joeys at the local golf course!! very cool! our return journey included a lovely ferry ride and lucnh on the beach. all in all a wonderful time!!

I'm dashing back to Sydney briefly to visit Harry and Liz, friends of Lynn West's and the Hunter Valley and to go out for a boogie with Andre and friends i met in Sydney before I go to Fiji!

Whoop Whoop!!

Lots of love

Affyx

 

Comments

1

Sounds great, glad you're having fun. I'm stuck on a 5 hour train ride to Leeds, my job is soooo glam!

  collette Oct 12, 2010 1:08 AM

About affyharris1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.