Existing Member?

Affys' Travels

Sydney - Canberra - Melbourne

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 30 September 2010 | Views [463]

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hey everyone

 

I’m now in slightly chilly Melbourne after my epic journey!!

 

I had a great last few days in Sydney! I went Whale watching with Louise and Mark, my photos were a tad rubbish but Mark had a few good ones so I’ll nab his! We also went to a BBQ and off to a nice beach for gluten free muffins and a cuppa!!

 

I met up with the Andre, who does look a tad like a blonde (ginger!?) cowboy and as always a lot of fun! We met up with friends of his and went dancing! So much fun, hoping to go back to Sydney before I leave Oz completely to do another Cheese dance night!!

 

I got to my Greyhound bus nice and early and managed to bag myself a window seat whoop!! After about 3 hours there was a large bang and an expletive from our driver. Uh oh I thought this in not good, it wasn’t. we pulled into a tourist info spot and the driver told us we would be staying here for a while until the mechanic arrived, that was 11.30am.

It was a nice day and lots of tulips, apparently it’s a big thing here! So we made the best of it and sat in the sun. (see pictures)

 

 At 2pm we still had no sign of a mechanic or a replacement bus!!

The driver getting more frustrated by the second told us that they hadn’t even left Canberra yet, which was a two hour drive away!

 

Thankfully for those of us going to Canberra another bus following a similar route picked us up. Sadly the rest of the bus had to wait a further 2 hours for their bus! Ek!

 

I found the YHA hostel nice and easily and went for a wander having dinner at a little Chinese place (see pictures) and took a very brief dip in the pool at the YHA, which was freezing!

 

The next day I had a short amount of time in Canberra, I made it over to the Floriade (see pictures) a big flower event and then onto old parliament house and new parliament house. There were amazing buildings, I think I prefer the old building as it had a real sense of history about it, plus I got to see round it and the democracy exhibit and a tour so it was easier to love!

 

At 2pm I headed off to Melbourne, not arriving til 11pm!! It was long but beautiful green sights out of the window. The lovely Sharon Givens was there to meet me and take me back to her place, which is so central and lovely!!

 

I went off today on the tourist express shuttle round the sights and on the tourist tram, really cool a lot of fun and I did a bit of wandering through the shops!

 

I’m booked onto a couple of tours over the next few days and yes the neighbours tour in on the list!

 

About affyharris1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.