Existing Member?

Affys' Travels

G'day!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 30 August 2010 | Views [415] | Comments [5]

Hi all 

I've been in Australia for a few days now and done so much its mind boggling! Liz and I went to Sydney Harbour, saw the bridge and the opera house, we then flew to Brisbane and met up with Jo and Kev for dinner on Southbank. Australia are more up with the wheat-freak thing than the Uk and I had a lovely gluten free pizza! The next day we headed off to Lone pine koala sanctuary, it was amazing, I even managed to be part of the birds of prey show and had an owl land on my hand!

We also went down to Surfers Paradise and played in the sea- not too deep (sharks!!) and had ice cream. I bed Liz farewell for her rather long flight back and the next day Jo and Kev took me out to Noosa and for a walk along the headlands, we saw this amazing rainbow and two wild koalas! no dolphins this time but I'm keeping an eye out. I've a flight booked to go to Sydney on the 4th. Jo and Kev are very kindly allowing me to stay with them long and I'm off up the sunshine coast tomorrow!

Today I'm in Brisbane, getting sorted on the internet and mooching about the museums and south bank! :)

My only major error was not checking that my card reader for my camera actually worked with my SD card! it doesn't quite fit and I don't want to force it! doh!! So I hope to get pictures up asap!

Catch you soon

xx

Comments

1

Yay! we loved Australia....would move there if given half a chance. Is it warming up a bit now as isn't it end of Winter there? Anyway, lovely to hear your news. Enjoy EVERY moment, soak it up. Love S x

  Sarah Aug 30, 2010 5:24 PM

2

Hey you, thanks for keeping me posted. Sounds like you are having an amazing time Am soooo impressed by the gluten free pizza :) Remember to keep reading the book!
Love Dxx

  Donna Aug 31, 2010 2:46 AM

3

Hey lovely, glad to hear that you're having so much fun and seeing lots of stuff. Am quite jealous! Be good xx

  Nadine Aug 31, 2010 5:47 PM

4

Hi Affy, just back from Ann & Micks, had a great time. Thanks for the text, they don't have internet access so it was good to hear from you. It all sounds really exciting, take care of yourself, load so love, mum and dad x

  Mum Sep 1, 2010 3:42 AM

5

Hi, have just seen the pics, some really good ones, keep snapping away!

mum x

  Mum Sep 1, 2010 10:03 PM

About affyharris1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.