Existing Member?

Affys' Travels

Hong Kong Adventures

HONG KONG | Tuesday, 24 August 2010 | Views [442]

 My second day here I went on a tour to Hong Kong Island, we went up to Victoria peak, which has fab views (pics to follow) and there I met a couple from my Church on their way to bali!! What are the chances!!!

We went round Aberdeen bay and to Stanley market and the beach it was great to see so much of Hong Kong with a guide and learn lots, sadly as with most tours there is one know it all that knows better than the guide and she was a little tiresome, but Natalie was a great guide and taught me some faltering Cantonese,

Very excitingly Ali was at my hotel on my return and we went for lunch and caught up on all her travels. That night we went out for dinner with her Mum and to the night market which was excellent, so much stuff to buy! At one point feeling confident I took us down another street of market stalls only to discover this one was full of sex toy stalls! I have no idea what some of those things did, I found this hilarious but I'm not Ali agreed with her Mum there!!!

Today Ali and I went to the giant Budda on Lantau Island, we took the ferry over and a bus, then came back by cable car and tube. I felt very popular when the two chinese girls in our cable car wanted to have their photo taken with us!! :) they were very cute and could say 'what is your name' in english and squealed everytime we went high (which was a lot in a cable car!) I'm trying to convince Ali that stealing small chinese children is ok but she won't budge on the idea!

I'm looking forward to the light show at Hong Kong Harbour this evening and sad to be leaving tomorrow night. Its been a lot of fun as a first stop and I've packed a lot in!

Thank you for your comments! Will update again soon \xx

About affyharris1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.